春天的脚步逼近了， 春天的气息也弥漫了一片天空，它悄悄的带着一片红彩，气势如虹般的飞跃而来， 且让我们来迎接这万马奔腾的马年吧！
食谱取自去年的年饼之一，参考这里。 (对不起， 之前写错了烤盘的尺寸， 应该是13“ x 13")
【Crispy Almond Cookies】
Baking tray : 13 x 13
160g butter, 100g icing sugar
30g egg white, 2 drops of almond essence (optional)
150g cake flour , 30g ground almonds
2 egg yolks, 50-70g almond flakes
1. Cream butter and icing sugar on high speed for 1 minute, scrape mixing bowl and continue to mix on high speed for 5 minutes.
2. Add in egg white and almond essence, mix on medium speed for 1 minute and high speed for 4 minutes.
3. Add in flour and ground almonds, mix for 1 minute to form a dough.
4. Spread the dough onto a baking tray and spread evenly. (you may cover a plastic sheet on top and roll evenly with a rolling pin. Remove the sheet)
5. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 10 minutes until half cooked. Take out and brush with egg yolk. Cut into rectangles and place a piece of almond flake on each of the cookies.
6. Then, continue to bake for 5-8 minutes or till golden brown.
This post is linked to Bake Along event, Chinese New Year cookies for the month Jan 2014， organised by Frozen Wing, Bake for Happy Kids and Kitchen Flavours.